Thursday, July 8, 2010

Snake Tale: By Kathleen Mautz


"I can remember as a kid going to the Stampede with my family when it was outside. We always sat in the 'horseshoe' , as it was called, down by the roping chutes. I told myself and family that one day I would ride in that arena. I never got to ride at the old outdoor arena, but many years later I was able to run at the Miss Idaho Rodeo Contest! It was a dream come true! And now that I am a Snake River Stampede "Stampeder"---it is another dream come true! My four-year-old daughter loves to go to the practices and pretend that she is a Stampeder. My husband and son also come with me, so this is a family thing. We all have a good time. When we're done practicing, the kids get to help cool off the horses. We love the sport of RODEO. So much that even when we are not doing something with the Stampede, we are either barrel racing or schooling our horses. We LOVE our Western way of life, and are trying to keep it a part of our world."

No comments:

Post a Comment